Location/City: Atlanta, GA
We are seeking a Hadoop Administrator/Developer for a permanent position in downtown Atlanta. The position will be about 75% Operational/Administration and 25% Development. We are looking for someone with Hadoop experience and at least 2 years of hands-on experience of Hadoop administration.
The Hadoop Administrator/Developer manages and controls the big data ecosystem. This environment will include Hadoop and other big data tools and products. The Hadoop Administrator/Developer would be responsible for the hands on day-to-day operations of the environment, deploy and manage Hadoop environments. The ideal candidate will work with both the internal support teams to Build/Troubleshoot/Fix Hadoop platforms and with the application teams to design and develop an effective Hadoop/Data Science solutions. Will also be the anchor for the growth of the overall Hadoop and Big Data/Data Science teams, develop monitoring and performance metrics for Hadoop clusters as well as document designs and procedures for building and managing Hadoop cluster.
Skills and Requirements
- 2-3 years in-depth experience with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Three or more years of Linux OS and system management experience required
- Five or more years in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Java, Shell)
- Experience running an open source environment
- Strong knowledge and deployment experience in the Hadoop and Big Data ecosystem – Hadoop, Hive (plus other Sql engines), HBase, Pig, Mahout, R, Spark, etc
- Ability to manage HDFS storage capacity and disk utilization
- Ability to consult and advise a team on best tool selection, best practices and optimal processes
- Ability to switch easily between different projects and flexibility to handle a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment on several projects
- Experience in some programming languages (Perl, Python, Java etc.)
- Experience in various RDBMS varieties as well as machine learning, statistical modeling tools helpful
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, potential equity for strong candidates, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Cardlytics is a game-changing marketing and analytics platform, providing businesses, for the first time, with a timely and complete view of consumer purchase behavior. The company has unmatched, exclusive access to current and historical purchase behavior for nearly 70 million U.S. households and 30% of U.K. households, capturing spending across all stores and categories. The Cardlytics platform is built upon historical consumer purchase information, provided securely by its premier network of over 300 financial institution partners, including Bank of America, PNC and Regions Bank. The company is also the pioneer and leader in the card-linked marketing space, providing both national and local businesses with revenue-generating digital and mobile marketing options, based upon its core analytics platform.
Cardlytics is headquartered in Atlanta with offices in London, New York and San Francisco
Apply today! Submit your resume to email@example.com